Here is the recipe for pizza crust:
Original recipe makes 1 – 12 inch pizza crust
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 2 1/2 cups bread flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). In a medium bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until creamy, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in flour, salt and oil. Beat until smooth. Let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and pat or roll into a round. Transfer crust to a lightly greased pizza pan or baker’s peel dusted with cornmeal. Spread with desired toppings and bake in preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. Let baked pizza cool for 5 minutes before serving.
If you don’t have pizza sauce, I have a good recipe that is really good.
Here is the recipe for pizza sauce:
Original recipe makes 1 pizza
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 6 fluid ounces warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons honey
- q teaspoon anchovy paste (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- In a small bowl, combine tomato paste, water, Parmesan cheese, garlic, honey, anchovy paste, onion powder, oregano, marjoram, basil, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes and salt; mix together, breaking up any clumps of cheese.
- Sauce should sit for 30 minutes to blend flavors; spread over pizza dough and prepare pizza as desired.